FRENCH TOAST BREAD PUDDING
Let’s say it’s a weekend morning, you’ve slept in, and now you’re craving something sweet to go with your late morning coffee. Relax. You probably already have most of the things you need to make french toast bread pudding, and it super easy to make. You could even make it the night before and throw it in the oven in the morning if you know you’re going to be feeling super lazy. This french toast bread pudding is a sweet brunch bite and pairs well with berries.
Keep it down tempo with an instrumental jazzy hip hop playlist that won’t draw your attention or wake you up, but rather let you relish in that morning mellow you just aren’t ready to break free of yet.
10 slices of bread (I used a sourdough, but you can use whatever you’ve got)
2 CUPS Milk
3/4 CUP Unsalted Butter
1/2 CUP sugar
1 TSP vanilla extract
1/4 TSP salt
1/2 CUP flour
1/2 CUP brown sugar
2 TSP cinnamon
1 TSP allspice
1 TSP nutmeg
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a deep pan, heat up the milk and 1/4 cup of butter until the butter is melted.
3. Cut or tear apart the bread into small cubes. In a large bowl mix together the bread cubes with the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt.
4. Stir in the milk mixture.
5. Grease a couple bread pans or a larger baking pan.
6. Cut the rest of the butter into cubes and in a medium bowl, mix the butter with the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg. Pour this mixture evenly over the bread pudding.
7. Bake for about 40 minutes.